challenge 3



They're big.  They're baggy.  They have funky detail.  And, most importantly, they're finished.  What more could you ask for?  (He'll also be wearing them until high school they've got so much growing room in them.) 

As my first attempt, I love them.  Although, I don't love the process of making them as much as I'd like.  The truth of the matter is that I'm slow.  I'm a slow sewist (or sewer, as the case may be, but that would be wrong).  I put it down to being self taught and ill-practiced; a reasonable excuse which I'll be sticking to throughout.  That said, it took me much longer than an hour to "whip" these up today.  Luckily I had extra time up my sleeve, otherwise, we'd still be admiring images of pins, patterns and half-sewn pants on Friday.  Perhaps it will get easier with the next pair.  Let's just say I won't be opening a little market stall for funky boy pants anytime soon.


Nonetheless, ta da!

 

Now.  On to the next fashion item for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment