new life


I dip in and out of people's lives, all over the globe, on an almost weekly basis. That is one of the joys of the World o' Blogs, you see. Unbeknownst to many of them, I witness the photos they've taken, read their thoughts on life, the universe and everything, and just generally share in being in the world with them, despite the fact we may never meet. It's a bit like reading the writers of the Lifestyle section of the newspaper, only microscopically local and narrowly topical.

Yet, this is one of the ways in which I've learned to observe the northern hemisphere seasons. I'm surprised to realise that, of the blogs I have faithfully stayed with over the last couple of years, one common theme they share, aside from great photos and good (sometimes excellent) writing, is their love of nature. My all time favourite, the uber-blogger soulemama, has taught me a lot about appreciating the merit of each season and welcoming them all for the unique offerings each has to give.

As you know, I have waxed lyrical previously about the calm, white, stillness of a Manitoba winter and I've even started to introduce you to the birdy beginnings of a Manitoba spring. However, out with the dogs this morning, I learned that while the Manitoban spring is painfully shy in greeting you (it is May after all) it does eventually burst bravely forth to thrust little bouquets of goodness into your day. You have to be observant and ready to receive these gifts though, as these tiny offerings are dwarfed by their eager bearers. To the unobservant eye the trees are still bare and boring. However, isn't there a plethora of children's stories that teach us that Beauty is Found in Plain Places? Some evidence:





Looking at the trees they came from, you'd never guess such beauty was on offer. Which leads nicely to me. No, I'm not a great oaf bearing tiny bouquets of flowers but, just like these trees, you may not be able to tell from a distance but I too am sprouting new life. I'm pregnant. Fourteen weeks this Wednesday, to be precise. We are all doing well, but perhaps this may go some way to explaining my erratic blogging behaviour of late. While I can safely say that I am in the most creative mode I have ever been in (creating new life is no mean feat, after all), unfortunately for you there are no lovely close up pictures to take of this little creative endeavour! Not ones that you'd want to see, anyway.

I'm keen to see how creating on the "inside" affects the creating on the "outside". Stay with me, and I'll share bits of the journey as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I am so happy for you both. What an adventure it is.
    I will enjoy reading about your journey to motherhood in this vast universe of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Enjoy the most beautiful unique creation you are making right at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to introduce your little treasure to the world! The pictures are beautiful and I imagine you are looking beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete