write

After my call for audience participation the other day, a few of you very kindly offered suggestions on what you would like to see me write about.  They are, in order of appearance:
  1. what it is to be a "good" mother
  2. the food I eat (in my dairy and wheat free world); and
  3. homecomings
Rich topics all, I think you would agree.  Given how my brain has clacked away in the background since reading your suggestions, I imagine I could dedicate any number of posts to each topic.  They each have their challenges, though.  Most obviously, options one and three require me to use my noggin a fair bit, and option two requires me to ask miracles of my little Canon point-and-shoot so that I can present reasonably recognisable pictures of food for your viewing pleasure.  That said, I look forward to having a little think, a little write, (taking a lot of quite bad photos), and doing a little posting over the next little while.  Let's just see what I can come up with.


Fortuitously, I baked muffins for a celebratory morning tea today.  Golden Harvest Muffins, to be precise.  So, perhaps we can consider this the first food post.  They are made with quinoa flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, sweet potato, brown sugar, maple syrup, orange juice and an egg.   And they were as good as they sound.  So good, in fact, that I had to rescue the last two (in my defense, I had one) so that I could make a record they ever existed.


True to form, whenever I have guests I attempt a recipe that I have never made before.  This adds just that little extra spice of anxiety I need to be at my sharpest for when the first knock on the door sounds.  Even more, I didn't have the exact right ingredients for this never-before-tried recipe and so I had to wing it with what I had in the fridge.  Why I do this, repeatedly, over many years, I don't know.  However, it all worked out and they were received with open arms by guests, babies, and OTLs alike.  Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment